Tomorrow, marks the end of the 2018/19 Bostik North season as AFC Sudbury are the visitors to West Street. As confirmed in recent weeks, the season does not end there for the SeedGrowers, with at least one game remaining; a play-off semi-final, with the prize should Coggeshall win that match, a place in the Bostik North 2018/19 Play-Off Final.
As we head in to the final game of the season, it is not yet clear who the Town will face in the play-off semi-final, with several possibilities remaining. Due to the number of possible options in terms of a play-off opponent, we have listed below, all of the possibilities, which will depend on the results of tomorrow’s games, involving Maldon & Tiptree and Aveley.
– Aveley vs Soham Town Rangers
– Bury Town vs Heybridge Swifts
– Coggeshall Town vs AFC Sudbury
– Maldon & Tiptree vs Barking
– If Aveley and Maldon & Tiptree both win their games tomorrow, the SeedGrowers will face Maldon & Tiptree on Wednesday 1 May at Park Drive, the home of Maldon & Tiptree.
– If Aveley win and Coggeshall better the result of Maldon & Tiptree, the SeedGrowers will host Maldon & Tiptree at West Street on Wednesday 1 May.
– If Aveley lose at home to Soham Town Rangers and the Town manage to better the result of Maldon & Tiptree, the SeedGrowers will welcome Heybridge Swifts to West Street on Wednesday 1 May.
– If Maldon & Tiptree better the result of Aveley and Coggeshall lose or draw at home to AFC Sudbury, the SeedGrowers will travel to Parkside on Wednesday 1 May to take on Aveley.
– If Maldon & Tiptree and Coggeshall win their games against Barking and AFC Sudbury respectively and Aveley suffer a defeat against Soham, the Town will welcome Aveley to West Street on Wednesday 1 May, after finishing on 77 points, the same as Aveley, however with a better goal difference leaving Coggeshall in second place.
Heybridge Swifts currently sit in fifth place in the Bostik League North, three points behind the SeedGrowers in fourth. Due to Towns’ superior goal difference, Swifts would need a 20-goal swing and a Coggeshall defeat at home to AFC Sudbury if they stand any possibility of finishing in fourth place. Therefore, it is extremely likely that Heybridge will travel to face the side who finishes second in the Bostik Division One North come 17:00 on Saturday 27 April.
It goes without saying, that Graeme Smith and his squad need your support, now more than ever. So, we look forward to welcoming you to West Street for our match against AFC Sudbury and hopefully, it will not be the last time we welcome you to West Street this season.
It is set to be an exciting final day of the season and we will keep you up to speed with every goal that goes in, live on our Twitter feed, so if you do not follow us already, head over to www.twitter.com/CoggeshallTown now and make sure you follow the SeedGrowers for live updates from around the grounds, as well as live updates from West Street.