CTFC vs Tilbury

September 12, 2020
Score: 2 - 0

Match Report

Coggeshall Town v Tilbury FC, 12.09.20

Match Report

The Management, Players, Staff and Volunteers welcomed Tilbury FC and all the fans back to West after the enforced six-month absence from competitive football due to the Covid-19 pandemic. The squad has been strengthened with several excellent new signings and if everyone plays to their potential, we should be looking at an enjoyable season.

Starting the campaign with the Preliminary Round of the Emirates F.A. Cup brings back the memories of the 2018/19 season and the Cup run that took us eventually to Western-super-Mare. Everyone will be hoping for more of the same. Firstly, we will have to overcome a Tilbury side who will be tough opponents today.

Straight from the Kick off Tilbury showed robust approach to the game, which did not deter the Town as they pushed forward at every opportunity. Town looked solid in Defense with Tyler Corlett, Milo Grimes and JJ Wilson keeping on top of the Tilbury forward. Town moved the ball well in the mid-field and both Tyler Brampton and Joe Claridge pushed forward at every opportunity.

On 18 minutes, Tilbury’s David Knight saw red for something he said to the Referee, which made the task in hand much harder for his teammates. Coggeshall were creating some half chances with Nnamdi Nwachuku, Tevan Allen ans Matt Price all going close. The deadlock was finally broken on 39 minutes, when Nnamdi ran onto a superb through ball from Tyler Brampton. Nnamdi controlled the ball beautifully on the edge of the box and coolly chipped the advancing keeper. The players mobbed Nnamdi to celebrate the goal. This showed how much they all wanted to win this game.

HALF TIME: Coggeshall Town 1 – 0 Tilbury FC.

The second half continued in much the same way as the first with town using the extra man with good effect to keep the pressure on Tilbury. When Tilbury did break, Jake Turner was always on hand to break up the play and Captain Tevan Allen work tirelessly to drive the town forward from mid-field. Up front Ross wall gave the Tilbury Centre half pairing a tough afternoon winning the majority of the balls in the air and his hold up play was excellent. Nnamdi kept probing forward as he did in the first half and Matt Price’s willingness to run at the Tilbury defense was a constant problem.. Tyler Brampton headed against the bar on 58 minutes, as Town were controlling most of the game as the Tilbury players started to tire. 

Jack Simmons replaced Nnmadi on 68 minutes and made an instance impact with his strong runs into the box. His running was rewarded on 81 minutes as Matt Price laid on perfect ball for Jack to make the score 2 – 0 and put the result beyond doubt. Further chances followed with Matt Price having a shot well saved by the Tilbury keeper and Ross Wall firing over when well placed. With the clock, ticking away Max Booth and Ethan Kessel replaced Matt price and Ross Wall respectively.

At the final whistle, the Coggeshall fans clapped and cheered the Players and Management for a great performance knowing that they were now in Mondays draw for the first Round Qualifying. 

FULL TIME: Coggeshall Town 2 – 0 Tilbury FC. 

NO. 1 20/21 Tilbury FC

Flickr Album Gallery Powered By: WP Frank