CTFC vs Histon FC

Isthmian North 19/20
January 7, 2020
Score: 5 - 1

Match Report

Coggeshall Town v Histon. 7th January 2020

After our recent run of five draws in the last seven matches tonight’s game against Histon was going to be very interesting with Histon being one place higher than the Town. Manager Graeme Smith made three changes to his starting eleven bringing in Frerico Hernandez at Right back, Rokas Janilonis at Centre half and Kieran Bailey up front. Ross Wall was making his 100th appearance for the Town and what a start he made, giving Coggeshall the lead with 1 minute on the clock. Town could not have had a better start. Histon had their chances as the play swung from end to end. On fifteen minutes, Ashlee Jones made an excellent save to keep the lead intact, and then Histon hit the post when a goal looked a certainty. Midway through the half, Town were having the better of things and Jack Simmons and Robert Harvey were causing Histon constant problems as the broke forward down the wings. On one of these attacks down the Towns left, Jack Simmons was brought down on the edge of the Penalty area and the Referee awarded a penalty. Histon protested that it was outside the box, to no avail and on thirty-eight minutes Joe Claridge made it 2 – 0 with a well-placed spot kick. Three minutes later Robert Harvey broke through the Histon defence with a fine run and the keeper did well to deflect his shot just wide of the post. Right on half time Histon’s Dan Gould went close with a shot just over the bar. Town were worth their lead as the Referee blew for half time.

HALF TIME: Coggeshall Town 2 – 0 Histon

Histon started the second half on the front foot but the Town defence stood firm with Jayden Gipson and Rokas Janilonis restricting the Histon forwards chances along with fullbacks Frerico Hernandez, making his Town debut and Joe Claridge who were also getting forward at every opportunity. It was not long before Robert Harvey was causing Histon trouble again on the right wing. On fifty six minutes he made a strong run into the penalty area and gave the Histon keeper no chance as he fired a shot into the far corner to make it 3 – 1. One minute later Jack Simmonds made it 4 – 0 As he gave the keeper no chance from fifteen yards. Jack and Robert had been giving the Histon defence problems all evening and their goals were just reward. On sixty-seven minutes, Ashlee Jones made another great save from close range to keep the clean sheet intact. Town then made two substitutions with Ethan Kessel replacing Kieran Bailey and Eion McKeown on for Ross Wall. On seventy-four minutes, Histon pulled a goal back through Ed Rolph. Town’s last change came on seventy-seven minutes with Aryton Coley replacing Jack Simmons. In the middle of the Towns mid-field Josh Pollard and Captain Tevan Allen had worked tirelessly and when Josh was fouled turning inside his marker wide on the left wing, Tevan stepped up to take the free kick. Tevan curled a great ball to the edge of the six-yard box and Josh finished with an excellent overhead kick, giving the Histon keeper no chance. Town players and fans celebrated on the finally whistle. It was a deserved win against a strong Histon side and keeps Town in touch with the play-off places.

FULL TIME: Coggeshall Town 5 – 1 Histon 1

Match Photos – Coggeshall Town V Histon FC – 07.01.2020

Flickr Album Gallery Powered By: WP Frank