CTFC vs Bury Town

Bostik North 18/19
March 9, 2019
Score: 2 - 1

Match Report

Coggeshall came in to the game, looking to to make it six wins in a row, against opponents Bury who sat one place behind in the league table before the start of the match with an an 11 point difference, and the Town still holding a game in hand. Manager, Graeme Smith made several changes to his match day squad, with Joshua Pollard returning to the starting eleven whilst Syrus Gordon returned to the substitutes bench.

Within the first ten minutes, Coggeshall seemed to be dominating play, the ball barely entering the final third. Coggeshall did see a chance unfortunately wasted eight minutes in as Nnamdi Nwachuku put his header just wide of the post. Some rough and tumble occurred between Nwachuku and Bury’s  Joe white, as the Bury midfielder luckily escaped a booking after digging his studs into the heel of Nwachuku. The SeedGrowers continued to look dangerous on the attack, as failed to take the ball forward, having very little possession whatsoever. With both sides exchanging free kicks in quick succession, as it appeared that never-ending minor fouls continued to be given by the Referee.. It wasn’t soon after that when Coggeshall almost opened the socring, as a bouncing ball almost creeped in, with Bury’s goalkeeper managing to let the ball slip over his head, however it bounced just a touch too high as it sailed over the bar.

The foul play continued midway through the first half as some nasty tackles from Bury continued to break up the affair. However, the visitors were made to pay in spectacular fashion, with thanks to Conor Hubble. In similar fashion to his goal last week, Hubble unleashed an effort which moved from left to right several times whilst in full flight before landing in the back of the net from an astonishing 35 yards out! Coggeshall appeared to drop back slightly in the last ten-fifteen minutes of the first half as Bury began to look more confident.

But, as they have often done this season, the home side dealt their opponents a real sucker punch with a swift counter attack. In the forty fourth Hubble played a smart ball in behind the visiting defence which allowed, Nwachuku to run at lone defender. As Nwachuku twisted and turned, the defender was left helpless and almost embarrassed as with apparent ease, Nwachuku was able to slot his effort past the Tibbles in goal and in to the bottom corner, putting the Town two-nil in front just short of half time.

HALF TIME: Coggeshall Town 2-0 Bury Town

The final forty fives minutes got underway and just like the first half, the SeedGrowers were looking promising however were unable to extend their lead. With Bury beginning to loosen the shackles, Coggeshall started to concede possession, they started to pressurise the home defence but the mean SeedGrowers defence were looking as solid as ever.

As the half went on, Coggeshall seemed to get back into the flow of things and were doing the best to manage the game towards the final whistle without testing the Bury defence like they did in the first half, apart from one occasion when Nwachuku forced Tibbles in to make a spectacular save to ensure the scoreline remained the same. It wasn’t long after that and Graeme Smith began to ring the changes as Curtis Haynes-Brown was substituted for Aryton Coley. After a wave of possession, Bury did eventually breach a Coggeshall defence which was recently recognised for their impressive performances by the Isthmain League. Bury substitute, Tanner Call broke free of the defence before dispatching his effort passed Sambridge and in to the bottom corner, only the second goal which Sambridge has conceded in the last seven games.

With the game set up for a nerve wracking finish, Bury began to pile on the pressure with the SeedGrowers looking happy to settle for their one goal lead and secure the three points. Michael Gyasi and Syrus Gordon were introduced in place of Nnamdi Nwachuku and Ross Wall, as Smith looked to secure up his midfield in the dying embers. Despite their slender lead, Coggeshall were able to shut out a Bury side who were trying their best to break down the defence. In the dying seconds, Coggeshall were able to retain possession, whilst frustrating their opponents as they completed the double over Bury following the three-two win earlier this season.

FULL TIME: Coggeshall Town 2-1 Bury Town

Attendance: 125

Danny Sambridge, Josh Pollard, Curtis Haynes-Brown, Conor Hubble, Tyler Corlett, Dexter Peter, Tyler Brampton, Tevan Allen, Nnamdi Nwachuku, Ross Wall, George Cocklin.

Ace Howell, Syrus Gordon, Michael Gyasi, Jamie Shaw, Aryton Coley.

Bury Town:
Luis Tibbles, Luca Vega, Ryan Stafford, Ollie Fenn, Ian Miller, Kyran Clements, Ryan Horne, Joe White, Ollie Hughes, Cemal Ramadan, Jake Chambers Shaw.

Harry Brown, Tanner Call, Emmanuel Machaya, Joshua Revell, George Bugg.

Report with thanks to Tom Eley.

Match Photos – Coggeshall Town V Bury Town – 09.03.2019

Flickr Album Gallery Powered By: WP Frank