Bury Town vs CTFC

Bostik North 18/19
November 17, 2018
Score: 2 - 3

Match Report

The SeedGrowers headed to Suffolk for the third time in as many weeks, looking to continue their unbeaten record and maintain their impressive position in the league table. Manager, Graeme Smith introduced new signing Emmanuel Foralin from the start of the match, with Tyler Brampton still absent through injury. Forward, Nnamdi Nwachuku made a welcome return to the substitutes bench after a lengthy absence due to injury.

Having lost their last two home league games, Bury Town were intent on ending Coggeshall’s unbeaten record and they got off to the perfect start. James Bransgrove conceded a penalty after only four minutes, having been adjudged to have fouled danger man Cemal Ramadan. Ramadan picked himself up from the floor and stepped up to convert from twelve yards out to give his side an early lead. Despite going behind early on, Smith’s side were certainly on top with Conor Hubble almost equalising immediately however his curling effort went just over the bar from around twenty yards. Correy Davidson had an ideal opportunity to level the game after eleven minutes, however his effort was saved by Bury’s shot-stopper. From the resulting corner, the SeedGrowers scored a much deserved equaliser. The set-piece was delivered by Davidson, on to the head of Curtis Haynes-Brown who jumped the highest at the front post and planted a superb header in to the top corner of Bury’s goal. An action packed start to the game continued at what was an electric pace, being led by Coggeshall who continued to look dangerous from every set piece with the home defence at sixes and sevens.

After twenty minutes, Coggeshall were rewarded from another superb corner. Davidson was again the provider, his corner found Hubble unmarked around eight yards from goal and his downward header bounced once before ending up in the top corner past a helpless Goalkeeper – the away side were deservedly in front for the first time in match. The SeedGrowers were then forced in to an early change as Curtis Haynes-Brown had to be withdrawn due to injury and was replaced by Jamie Shaw, who slotted in to the defensive line having featured up front last time out against Barking. Coggeshall continued to knock on the Bury door, Davidson was again the creator however Sam Bantick saw his effort cleared off the line by a Bury defender. As the game began to get a little heated, debutant Foralin was flattened by a reckless challenge however the match Referee decided against issuing a card of some description. George Cocklin was then the hero for Coggeshall as he cleared a header off the goal line with Bransgrove beaten, before Bury then had appeals for a second penalty waved away by the Referee. Up the other end of the field, Bantick appeared to have been pushed to the floor inside the Bury box however again the man in charge of the affair waved play on, before issuing Bantick with a yellow card for his protests.

On the stroke of half-time, the SeedGrowers defence was broken again as Bury equalised against the run of play. A ball in to the box from the right hand side, travelled across the face of the goal to find Bury striker, Ollie Hughes who made no mistake and his diving header from six yards ended up in the back of the net. An electric and end-to-end first half, drew to a close after four goals and somehow, Coggeshall were not ahead at the break.

Half Time: Bury Town 2-2 Coggeshall Town

The away side made their second change during the interval, with new-boy Foralin being replaced by Daniel Cunningham. The SeedGrowers started the second half on the front foot and Bantick almost regained the lead for Coggeshall, however Luis Tibbles in the Bury goal was on hand to deny the dangerous forward. Bury then had a chance of their own, which in fairness was a real Christmas present. A short back-pass from Joshua Pollard allowed Ollie Hughes to meet the ball before it arrived at the feet of Bransgrove, however a tackle from the Coggeshall keeper resulted the ball going agonisingly over the bar for a goal-kick.

Eleven minutes inside the second half and Coggeshall were ahead again. Davidson was again the provider, he skipped past two challenges on the left wing, drove towards the Bury box before delivering a delicious ball on the foot of Ross Wall who could not miss and tapped home from just a few yards – the SeedGrowers were deservedly in front. Shortly after the game’s fifth goal, there was a lengthy stoppage, as Ian Miller had to leave the field on a stretcher with what looked like a serious knee injury – everyone at West Street would like to wish Ian a speedy recovery and hopefully, the injury is not as serious as first feared.

Coggeshall continued to dominate the game, with Bury looking to soak up the pressure before utilising their counter-attack through the dangerous Ramadan. It was the away side who continued to create chance after chance, with Bantick’s right footed effort going just wide by a matter of millimetres. Substitute, Cunningham then collected the first yellow card of the afternoon for a tough tackle just inside his own half, as the home side looked to aggravate him at every opportunity.  Manager, Graeme Smith then made his final change of the afternoon as Nwachuku made a welcome return to action as he replaced Bantick.

With ten minutes left on the Referee’s watch, Coggeshall had the ball in the net for the 4th time in the match however Ross Wall’s impressive finish was chalked off due to him being in an offside position. As the game drifted towards the final whistle, Davidson put a long range free kick just over the crossbar before Bury finally tested the home defence for the first time in the second half. Captain, Dexter Peter gave away a free kick wide on the right hand side and collected a yellow card for his troubles. The free kick was delivered in to the box and evaded everyone as it headed for the back of the net, however defender Pollard was in the right place, at the right time as he cleared the ball off the goal line, not once but twice. That was indeed the final chance of the afternoon as the SeedGrowers had again collected three points on their travels in Suffolk!

Full Time: Bury Town 2-3 Coggeshall Town

Attendance: 372

Bury Town:
Luis Tibbles, Jake Kerins, Ryley Scott, Ollie Fenn, Ian Miller, Ryan Jolland, Ryan Horne, Jake Chambers-Shaw, Ollie Hughes, Cemal Ramadan, Tommy Hughes.

Tanner Call, Emmanuel Machaya, Joshua Revell, Tommy Robinson, Joe White.

Coggeshall Town:
James Bransgrove, Emmanuel Foralin, Curtis Haynes-Brown, Tevan Allen, Dexter Peter, Joshua Pollard, Correy Davidson, Connor Hubble, Sam Bantick, Ross Wall, George Cocklin.

Jamie Shaw, Nnamdi Nwachuku, Daniel Cunningham, Syrus Gordon, Danny Sambridge.

Match Photos – Bury Town V Coggeshall Town V – 17.11.2018

Flickr Album Gallery Powered By: WP Frank