Mildenhall Town FC vs CTFC

Bostik North 18/19
November 3, 2018
Score: 2 - 4

Match Report

Following two straight clean sheets in the league, the SeedGrowers travelled to Suffolk for the second time inside a week, looking to cement their place in the league table. Manager, Graeme Smith made one change from Tuesday nights win, with Jamie Shaw being replaced by Curtis Haynes-Brown. Attacking forward, Khris Oti also made a welcome return to the squad as he took his place on the substitutes bench.

It was the home side who started the better on what was a very heavy surface, mainly due to a high amount of rain in the last forty eight hours prior to kick off. Mildenhall took the lead after just three minutes, a cross from the left hand side was not cleared efficiently by the away defence and Jarid Robson was on hand to place the ball in to the bottom corner past a helpless Danny Sambridge. After their poor start, Coggeshall picked up the pace and midfielder, Syrus Gordon almost equalised immediately going behind however his effort went wide of the post. As the game was becoming an end-to-end affair in the early stages, Mildenhall almost increased their lead, however their captain, David Cooper put his curling shot from outside of the box wide of the far post.

As the SeedGrowers grew in to the game, their goal scoring opportunities began to arrive with Correy Davidson, Curtis Haynes-Brown and Ross Wall all having chances to level the game. After fifteen minutes, Coggeshall finally found the back of the net and a well deserved equaliser. Haynes-Brown collected the ball on the edge of the box, he used his quick feet to guide past two defenders and released a left footed effort which took a slight deflection and rolled in to the bottom corner of the goal. After equalising, the visitors continued to created chances as Wall saw his volley go wide and then Bantick forced the Mildenhall shot-stopper in to a superb save. Mildenhall then had the ball in the Coggeshall net again, however it was rightly chalked off by the Referee’s Assistant for offside.

Manager Smith was forced in to an early change as full-back Tyler Brampton had to be withdrawn due to injury and he was replaced by Tevan Allen. The SeedGrowers continued to create chance after chance, however failed to take the lead as Bantick skipped past three defenders before dragging his shot just wide of the goal. Wall forced Horton, who was having a fine afternoon, into another save as Mildenhall were clinging on to a level scoreline as the game approached the interval. In additional time in the first half, Coggeshall’s persistence finally paid off – a delicious through ball from George Cocklin, Bantick was in on goal with only Horton to beat. Bantick took a couple of touches, rounded the Goalkeeper and eventually tapped the ball home for this eighth goal in the Bostik League already this season. The SeedGrowers were deservedly in front right on the stroke of half time…

Half Time: Mildenhall Town 1-2 Coggeshall Town

The visitors made another chance at the start of the second half as Daniel Cunningham appeared to have picked up a slight knock and was replaced by Conor Hubble. Travelling up the hill in the, it was the SeedGrowers who continued to dominate proceedings. Teven Allen almost extended the lead, after Bantick provided the opportunity however Allen’s effort went wide of the post. After their promising start to the game, Mildenhall were struggling to break down the resolute Coggeshall defence who had finally come to terms with the Hall’s pacey front line.

After an impressive start to the second half, Coggeshall were finally rewarded. After some desperate defending from Mildenhall saw efforts from Davidson and Wall blocked, Hubble produced a magnificent cross in to the box and on to the head of striker, Ross Wall who was on hand at the far post to head home from inside to the six yard area. The SeedGrowers were in control and looked very comfortable as they started to think about another set of three points. Not satisfied with their three goals, Coggeshall continued to knock on the Mildenhall door for more goals, however Gordon and Bantick were unable to capitalise on their goal scoring opportunities.

Goalkeeper, Danny Sambridge was called in to action for the first time in match with fifteen minutes left on the clock. A headed effort from the towering Tom Debenham required Sambridge to make his opening save of the game. Bantick had another chance to increase his impressive goal scoring tally, however his shot went wide and really the SeedGrowers should have been out of sight but only remained ahead by two goals. Sambridge was called in to action again as he was forced in to another save and what a save it was! A cross from the left hand side reached Thomas Boxer inside the six yard area, however Sambridge appeared out of nowhere to make a superb save.

With ten minutes left to play, Tom Monk was introduced in place of Sam Bantick as the SeedGrowers looked to manage the game out towards the finally whistle. Evans Kouassi who had been lively all afternoon forced his ex Heybridge team mate, Sambridge in to another diving stop, in which he parried the ball away from danger and the home side had a corner. From the resulting corner, Mildenhall managed to score and set up a nervy finish to game. A corner from the left was headed goal wards by Debenham and Emmanuel Osei-Owuso was on hand to make sure the ball was headed home and he did so from just a matter of yards. Coggeshall who had lots of chances to increase their lead were now faced with a nervy end to the match with four minutes plus additional time remaining.

As Mildenhall continued to kick the ball long in to the away defensive area, Coggeshall looked to utilise their fast paced counter attack at every opportunity. Conor Hubble almost turned provider again, however his cross just evaded the foot of Davidson, as the Mildenhall defence breathed a sigh of relieve at having not conceded a fourth goal. Coggeshall did not have to wait too long before another chance came their way and eventually they sealed all three points. As the home side pressed forward, Coggeshall broke away. A lovely pass from Wall released substitute Tom Monk who made no mistake as he approached the goalkeeper and confidently scored the SeedGrowers’ fourth goal of the afternoon with his left foot.

Full Time: Mildenhall Town 2-4 Coggeshall Town

Attendance: 181

Mildenhall Town
Blake Horton, Aaron Smith, Andrew Camilo-Tayca, James Seymour, Thomas Boxer, Panayiotis Boxer, David Cooper, Jarid Robson, Thomas Debenham, Abouhadje Kouassi, Emmanuel Osei-Owuso.

Ben Nolan, Kaine Manels, Marcio Mendes Monteiro Assuncao Pereria, William Evans, Liam Bull.

Coggeshall Town:
Danny Sambridge, Tyler Brampton, Curtis Haynes-Brown, Daniel Cunningham, Dexter Peter, Joshua Pollard, Correy Davison, Syrus Gordon, Sam Bantick, Ross Wall, George Cocklin.

Jamie Shaw, Conor Hubble, Tevan Allen, Tom Monk, Khris Oti.

Match Photos – Mildenhall Town V Coggeshall Town – 3.11.2018

Flickr Album Gallery Powered By: WP Frank