CTFC vs Redbridge FC

September 26, 2017
Score: 3 - 1

Match Report

Coggeshall Town moved into the next round of The FA Vase with an excellent win against Essex Senior League team Redbridge. The fixture was a replay after the team’s had drew at the first attempt on the previous Saturday. The match got underway with the visitors making far the better start with some eye catching attacking play. Coggeshall were having trouble keeping Redbridge out and what possession they had they wasted far to easily. It was an out of character start for ” The Town ” who normally get out of the blocks well. After the early pressure Redbridge took the lead after 20 mins which they had deserved on the balance of play. The early setback seemed to spark Coggeshall into life and they soon steadied the ship and got back in the game with Conor Hubble and George Cocklin starting to get some joy in the midfield areas. As the half went on the home team started to look dangerous as if they might be able to claw back an equalising goal. As half time approached Coggeshall forced a corner which George Cocklin went to take with only a minute or two left to play.Cocklins corner was swung in where Skipper Luke Wilson rose highest to head home with a great header from 10 yards out to level the scores at the break.

The second half began with Coggeshall looking up for the fight as they started to dominate possession and ask questions of the Redbridge backline. They created several early chances with Nnamdi Nwachuku and Dan McCullock forcing good saves from the Redbridge keeper. Coggeshall got their noses in front on 65 mins after Nwachuku scored a tremendous goal, he picked the ball up and ran at the Redbridge defenders who backed off allowing him to unleash a great left foot strike that flew into the top corner.” The Town ” now looked full of confidence as they started to get on top of Redbridge with little coming back the other way. Coggeshall extended their lead shortly after when the excellent Luke Wilson was fouled in the box after a corner, giving the referee an easy decision to award a penalty which Nwachuku slotted home for his second of the game. The penalty wrapped up the scoring to give the team a 3-1 win and put them in the next round.It was a great comeback performance from Coggeshall after going behind early on against a tough Redbridge team.

The team are at West Street again this Saturday when they return to league action when Great Yarmouth are the visitors.