CTFC vs FC Clacton

Premier Division
October 13, 2017
Score: 3 - 0

Match Report

Coggeshall Town continued their good run of form with a hard fought win against a tough Clacton team at West Street. With a large Friday night crowd in attendance and the playing surface in excellent condition the scene was set for a entertaining game. The match got off to an end to end start with both teams trying hard to gain an early advantage. The Home team went close on a couple of occasions with Aaron Cosgrave looking in great form down the right hand side supplying crosses for Jamie Shaw and Nnamdi Nwachuku to get strikes on goal. It certainly wasn’t a one sided affair with Clacton also having some chances but a combination of a good save from Darren Behcet and some excellent defending from Jacob Partridge kept the scores level. Coggeshall took the lead after 25 mins after a good ball forward from Dom Rowe who was making his Home debut played in Nwachuku who set the ball up for Conor Hubble to smash Home into the bottom corner to give “ The Town “ the lead. The game was pretty even for the remainder of the first half with both teams looking competitive with no further goals added at the half time break.

The second half got underway with Clacton pressing for an equaliser but the Coggeshall defence held firm led by skipper Luke Wilson.As the half went on and Clacton pressed to try and level things up Coggeshall started to catch the visitors on the break regularly. The impressive Aaron Cosgrave got free of his marker to make ground into the Clacton penalty box where he was brought down by a last ditch attempted tackle to give the referee no option but to award “ The Town “ a spotlick.Cosgrave picked himself up to slot the penalty home into the corner of the net to double Coggeshall’s lead. The second goal slowed the visitors up a bit who had put a lot of effort in only to find themselves 2 goals down. The third goal soon followed as Coggeshall piled on the pressure forcing another penalty as Conor Hubble was bundled over again giving the referee a easy decision to award the spot kick.Hubble himself dispatched the penalty for his second of the night and put his team out of sight with only 10 mins left to play.The final whistle sounded giving Coggeshall a convincing looking 3-0 win but in truth Clacton had plenty of the game for large parts. The result means “ The Town “ still maintain 2nd position in the league after a good all round team performance that they had to defend well In at times.

There is no midweek action this week so the team have plenty of time to prepare for their visit to Enfield next Sunday in the next round of The FA Vase.